1. Player Rotation and Positioning:
· Defense will consist of 10 players: 4 outfielders, regular infield with a pitcher on either side of the pitcher's mound, and a catcher in full gear.
· A player must play a minimum of two positions (one infield, one outfield) per game within the first 4 innings. Catcher is considered an infield position.
· No player shall sit two times before every player sits once, except for disciplinary reasons.
· The coaching staff includes 1 Manager and no more than 3 assistant coaches. All must have undergone a background check.
· Offensive team: 3 coaches; 1st base coach, 3rd base coach, and one pitching machine coach.
· Defensive team: 2 coaches; one on the left field foul line and one on the right field foul line, standing beyond the infield clay area.
3. Batting, Bunting, and Running:
· Continuous batting order must be used in all games.
· No slash bunting. Players who fake a bunt and then swing will be called out.
· Runners can advance a maximum of one base on a 1st base overthrow.
· If a player who appears in the lineup is injured or becomes ill, they can be removed from the game and their spot in the batting order will be skipped without penalty.
· Players can advance bases until play is called dead by calling time out DIRECTLY in front of the LEAD runner. If time is called in front of the lead runner, then any trailing runners may continue to advance until stopped by an occupied base. Play also stopped when the ball is controlled on the infield and all runners have stopped their attempts at advancing.
· No stealing.
· If a runner attempting to reach home plate intentionally and maliciously runs into a defensive player, they will be called out and ejected from the game. If an offensive player is clearly going to be out at home, they must give themselves up or slide. Catchers must not block the plate without the ball and can be called for interference if it obstructs the runner’s path to the plate.
· Infield fly rules do not apply.
7U Division Specific Rules:
· Sling machine pitching at 39 MPH; 5 pitches with unlimited fouls on 5th pitch.
· One bunt per inning allowed.
8U Division Specific Rules:
· Sling machine pitching at 43 MPH; 5 pitches or 3rd strike whichever comes first. The batter can continue until the fifth pitch is reached or strike 3 is recorded.
· There is no limit on bunting.
4. Scoring and Game Duration:
· Game durations are no new inning after 1 hour 15 minutes with a hard stop at 1 hour 30 minutes during weekdays, and no new inning after 1 hour 40 minutes on Saturdays. There is no hard stop on Saturdays.
· Playoff Games will follow the same regular season game duration rules. Except for the Championship game. The championship game will be treated like a Saturday game.
· If the regular season game is tied after time limits, the game is recorded as a tie. Extra innings can be played within time limits.
· If a playoff game is tied after the time limit, the game is played until there is a winner. Teams will go to a Texas tie breaker with the batter due to bat last that inning starting at 2nd base.
· The home team keeps the official score book and submits the score online.
· Maximum of 5 runs per inning.