1. Defense will consist of 4 outfielders, normal infield with pitcher on either side of pitcher’s mound, 1 foot in the pitching mound area, for a total of 10 defensive players. Catcher will need to be in full gear. A protective cup is required for all players.
2. Teams must use a continuous batting order in all games including tournament games.
3. One bunt per inning will be allowed. No fake bunting. A player who squares around to bunt then pulls back and swings at the pitch will be called out.
4. Sling machine pitching machine @ 39 MPH (Setting 9 on Sling ); 5 pitches with unlimited fouls on 5th pitch; 5 balls can be used during the game. The speed of the sling machine shall be consistent all season long
5. Coaches on field: Offense – Total of four coaches. A first base coach, a third base coach, one pitching machine coach and one coach behind home plate. Defense – Total of two coaches. One coach can stand outside the left field foul line and one coach can stand outside the right field foul line. These coaches must also stand beyond the infield clay area.
6. Game duration: • Six (6) innings.
- No new inning shall start after 1 hour and 30 minutes for weekday games and 1 hour and 50 minutes for weekend games.
- If the regular season game is tied after time limits have expired, the game will be recorded as a tie. (Extra innings can be played within time limits).
- All tournament games will be 1 hour and 50 minutes regardless of the day. If a tournament game is tied after the time limit has expired, the game will be played until there is a winner.
7. Standings will be kept. Home team has the official score book.
8. · Five runs max per inning. Ten run rule will apply after four innings. Inning is over after three outs or five runs are scored. Game is over if the visiting team is up by more than five runs after the top of the sixth inning.
9. No stealing.
10. Call Ripken rules (page 19) state, "If a runner attempting to reach home plate intentionally and maliciously runs into a defensive player in the area of home plate, he will be called out on the play and ejected from the game. The objective of this rule is to penalize the offensive team for deliberate, unwarranted, unsportsmanlike action by the runner for the obvious purpose of crashing the defensive player, rather than trying to reach home plate. Obviously this is an umpire's judgement call." JCB further adds, “If an offensive player is clearly going to be out at home, he must give himself up or slide.”
11. Overthrows: Runners may advance one base on overthrows. Two bases awarded a runner on base if the thrown ball goes out of play (Runner is awarded the base he was running toward when the ball was thrown plus one additional base). *Play ends when the ball is in the control of AN INFIELDER in fair territory and time is called. If a player is running to another base when time is called, the runner can be awarded the base if the runner is passed the chalk line. There will be a chalk line between first and second, second and third and third and home. The chalk line will be 1/2 between the bases. Runner must be in the act of running toward a base; however, making a turn and stopping does not constitute running toward a base.
12. A player must play a minimum of two positions (one infield, one outfield) per game to help encourage IF and OF play. This should occur within the first 4 innings of the game. Catcher is considered an infield position. No limit on players playing the same position during a game.
13. No player shall sit two times before every player sits once unless this is for disciplinary reasons, which will be fair across the board.
14. Catchers are encouraged to throw the balls back to the pitcher after every pitch.
15. If a player who appears in the lineup is injured or becomes ill during the course of the game and the player can no longer continue to play, the player will be taken out of the game, removed from the line up and the player’s spot in the batting order will be “skipped” without penalty. The player may only re-enter the game with the approval of the opposing manager and must be placed in the same position in the batting order.
16. Infield fly rules DO NOT APPLY at this age. 16. Managers are responsible for adhering to above rules. Violation of JCB rules could result in disciplinary action, including game suspension and forfeiture of game.